ON GETTING EMOTIONALLY NAKED
EPISODE 1: PRACTICAL MAGIC PODCAST
enter “Live-tweeting your bikini wax is not vulnerability. Nor is posting a blow-by-blow of your divorce. That’s an attempt to hot-wire connection. But you can’t cheat real connection. It’s built up slowly. It’s about trust and time.” Brene Brown
I come across so many clients, and people in my life, who are afraid to share what they do with the world for a fear of judgment, or being seen. I count myself in this cohort of people, as you wouldn’t believe how long it’s taken me to get this podcast live and into the world.
There’s a general feeling that if we share how we buy me a boat lyrics really feel then are we going to be judged too harshly? Will we portrayed as arrogant, or even stupid? It’s no surprise we can sometimes struggle to show our authentic self to the world. So on this week’s show I am talking ways in which we can all get emotionally naked, take up space and become more visible.
On the show this week we explore:
- My recurring dreams, where I am literally naked, and what’s underneath them.
- Why hyper-transparency an a warts and all approach to living means that people will connect with buy provigil online paypal you, in your fullest form.
- The fears we feel when we’re finding it difficult to share our voice.
- What’s going on with our old stories, and how they may be holding us back.
- Using the power of vulnerability to show our ‘under-belly’, and why that’s a good thing.
- And feeling into the resistance to have a chat with fear, and find out what it will have us know.
- Learning from the power of awareness, to share our voice, get emotionally naked, and be OK with that.