EPISODE 6: PRACTICAL MAGIC PODCAST
http://serenitydental.net/how-to-treat-swollen-gums/ “ Healthy striving is self-focused: How can I improve? Perfectionism is other-focused: What will they think? Perfectionism is a hustle.” Brene Brown
Put your hands up if you think you’re a perfectionist? Or if you’ve stopped creating something, or working on something because if it isn’t perfect then you’re not going to put it out into the world. My perfectionist comes along for the ride with me every time I put something out into the world. It tries to tell me I’m not good enough, or who the hell do I think I am. You recognise this? This week on the show I’m sharing how the perfectionist shows up for me, what it’s here to teach us, and some ways in which we can find ways to not be so hard on ourselves, and get OK with getting things wrong.
where can i buy Neurontin On the show we explore:
- How playing safe and being the ‘good girl’ can lead to fear of getting things wrong in later life
- How internalising failure, and not getting things 100% right can lead to procrastination
- Learning to understand the difference between the ego and the truth voice
- Taking your fear on a road trip alongside creativity – learning to love failure and why it’s so important for the creative process
- Checking in on where perfectionism is creeping into your life around you
- How curiosity and play are the antithesis to perfectionism.
Adult language warning, there are few colourful words peppered throughout the interview.
buy Lyrica online canada Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Elizabeth Gilbert, Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
- Mary Badass Meadows
- Practical Magic Living website
Adult language warning, there are few colourful words peppered throughout the show.