HOW TO BE LONELY WITH LAURA JANE WILLIAMS
EPISODE 2: PRACTICAL MAGIC PODCAST
click Maya Angelou
On this week’s show, I have the pleasure of sharing tea and biscuits on the sofa with author and story-teller Laura Jane Williams. Laura is the author of BECOMING and ICE CREAM FOR BREAKFAST, as well as Grazia’s ex-dating columnist and a new opinion columnist for RED magazine online. She’s featured in the new STYLIST book “Life Lessons from Remarkable Women”, is currently in development for a TV show, and when she isn’t teaching writing classes online, is also in the middle of writing her third book.
I met Laura in December 2016 when I worked with her on a coaching session she didn’t think she needed. Good work was done. I love Laura (or LJ, as I call her) for the raw way she lives her life through storytelling, and how we she is the narrator of her own becoming as a witness to the every day highs and lows of being a human.
On the show this week we explore:
- How we are all our own becoming – an everyday work in progress.
- How to be lonely
- The Difference between being lonely, and being alone.
- The importance of emotional diversity, and not just chasing happiness.
- The ongoing conversations of women in their 30’s and obligations to be having kids
- Why self care is an every day practice of tuning in.
- As well as how being your own storyteller can help you see the magic in every day life in all its wild and varied nature.
Links and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Becoming – Laura’s first book
- Ice Cream for Breakfast – the second book
- Laura’s online writing course
- Laura’s workshops & events
- Laura’s RED Column
- LJ’s favourite show tune – Don’t Rain on My Parade by Barbra Streisand