THE POWER OF STORYTELLING
EPISODE 3: PRACTICAL MAGIC PODCAST
“I grew up in a place where everybody was a storyteller, but nobody wrote. It was that kind of Celtic, storytelling tradition: everybody would have a story at the pub or at parties, even at the clubs and raves.”
On last week’s Practical Magic podcast, I interviewed author and storyteller Laura Jane Williams, we discussed why storytelling is something we do as human beings with human feelings, so on this week’s show I am diving into the subject in more detail, and share a story which has shaped and defined me as a person doing what I do in the world.
On the show we explore:
- The stories that connect the dots and narratives of our creative lives and businesses.
- How storytelling is a way of communicating ideas and beliefs.
- Finding our ‘why’ and why this is so much more important than what we do, or how we do it.
- The ability that stories have to connect to others through ‘brain to brain coupling’
- Why stories are just ‘data with a soul’.
- Why we need your voice, and ways to share your story.
Adult language warning, there are few colourful words peppered throughout the interview.